Saturday 16 July 2016

A Snapshot of the Reggio Approach

Having finished my Kindergarten course a year ago, it is long overdue to share a few insights I gained.  I didn't end up reading the Hundred Languages of Children in depth; however, I did discover a lot of the history behind the Reggio Approach, some key components, and some excellent resources. I must say, having taught Kindergarten for a couple years, it was really fascinating to see the connections between the new Kindergarten practices promoted in the Ontario Full-Day Kindergarten Program (2010) and the Reggio Approach, which began so many years ago shortly after World War II. Unfortunately during my trip to Italy last summer I was so busy I wasn't able to fit a extra day trip to Reggio but lucky for me the Reggio exhibit is touring in Toronto this summer and I'll be making a stop there next week!  Also, I'm excited to read more about Reggio practices in Authentic Childhood, an excellence resource I only glanced over last summer. When I return home next week I will attach my slides from my Reggio presentation from last summer.  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment